Of all the things to love about fall, the changing leaves is probably at the top of most people’s list. The bright oranges, reds and yellows are synonymous with the season, helping to ease the transition into winter and the holidays. Even if you live in an area without much fall foliage, you can enjoy this spectacular display along with the comfort of Pure Rooms at these hotels in some of the best leaf-peeping spots in the country.
- The Hotel Roanoke (VA). The warm atmosphere of this stately, Tudor-style property is an ideal setting for taking in Virginia’s gorgeous colors. Go for a drive along nearby Blue Ridge Parkway for some of the best autumn views you’ll find anywhere.
- Wheeling Island Casino Hotel and Racetrack (WV). This resort might be best known for slot machines and dog racing but it also happens to be set amid the beautiful mountains and valleys of West Virginia. Foliage season provides a stunning backdrop to experience Wheeling, a charming Victorian town along the Ohio River.
- Residence Inn Hartford-Manchester (CT). No list would be complete without a New England destination and the Residence Inn in Manchester is a perfect choice. The hotel’s convenient location puts you in the heart of Connecticut foliage country and makes it easy to explore the sites of Western Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire.
- Residence Inn Mentor (OH). The foliage in Ohio is often underrated and you can discover it for yourself at the Residence Inn in Mentor, just a short drive from Cleveland. Mentor is a scenic town on the shores of Lake Erie featuring plenty of historic sites and things to do on a long weekend.
- Hotel 43 (Boise, ID). You don’t have to make the trek to the Northeast for spectacular fall foliage and Boise is one of the best examples. Hotel 43 provides upscale, boutique accommodations downtown while you take in the sights and natural beauty surrounding this outdoorsy city.
- Doubletree Durango (CO). Rugged terrain and a predominance of golds and yellows make the foliage in the Rocky Mountains unlike any other. Take a stroll to the quaint shops and restaurants from the lobby of the Doubletree Durango for an autumn experience you won’t soon forget.
Kevin Arnold writes about health, wellness and travel. For more tips and information, check out all of his posts at www.pureroom.com/blog.